Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Hair Growth Challenge

 So, I decided a while back I wanted to try vitamins to help in maintaining healthy hair and promote hair growth. I read on a lot of sites that a combination of MSM and Biotin helps promotes hair growth and overall healthy hair. The only bad thing I read was that Biotin had some side effects (acne break outs on the face and back) so I decided to go with the Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins instead. I'm not sure these will work but I thought why not try it out for a month or two and see if it helps with my natural hair growth. I'll start taking these tomorrow morning. The recommended dosages are 2 per day of the MSM and 3 per day of the HSN vitamins. I plan to only take 2 of the HSN vitamins because I think 3 is just too much for someone that eats a healthy diet. I will measure my hair tomorrow and post the stats on here for you guys to follow. In a months time I'll do an update.



On top of adding the vitamins to my regimen I'm also increasing my water intake. I only drink water, various teas (mostly green tea), and alcohol on occasion. My daily water intake is usually only about 3 16oz bottles per day not including water I get from veggies, fruits, and my daily cup of green tea. Online I read that a person my size and as active as I am should drink about 2.5 liters of water per day. With the summer heat rolling in I might have to drink more since I run out doors weekly. So, how does water promote hair growth? Well in order to grow healthy hair you must stay hydrated. All of the bloggers I follow push the fact that drinking enough water daily is essential to growing healthy hair. I actually love water so increasing my water intake is no problem for me.

So, hopefully by adding vitamins, more water, and more veggies/fruits to my daily diet I can see a slight increase in my hair growth. Like they say beauty always start from the inside.

I'll see you guys tomorrow and hopefully I'll have good news in a month on my hair growth.

Happy Transitioning!!!

Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment