Monday, April 23, 2012

Hair Growth Challenge: Measurements

This morning I decided to measure my hair to see where I am at as far as length.

Current hair length stats:

  • new growth after 5 almost 6 months post relaxer
    • 2 inches in the front and crown 
    • about 2 1/4 in the back and some what in the middle
  • new growth and relaxed hair
    • 5-6 inches in the front and crown
    • 7-8 inches in the back and middle
I tried not to stretch my hair when I was measuring it so these stats should be close to actual length. My hope is that I gain an 1/2 inch to an inch of new growth in the next 30 days. I'm not really worried about the relaxed hair because it'll eventually get cut. I'm just hoping that with increased hydration, vitamin supplements, and extra care with my hair I can speed up my natural hair growth and possible have the length I want to gain before my big chop. I'm still considering braids as a protective style for summer but I'm not really sold yet. I just don't think me and braids go well with each other. We'll see.

Wish Me Luck!!!!

Happy Transitioning,

Monique


No comments:

Post a Comment