Monday, May 7, 2012

Health Slips: Week 1 of Whole30


This is week one of my attempt to do the Whole30 diet program. If you don't know what it is read my previous post with information on the diet plan. Here is just a run down of my meal plan for the week. The only way to get myself through this diet for the next month I have to plan my meals and reduce how often I eat out. The hardest part is going to be giving up alcohol/beer but we'll see how I do this weekend. 

Week 1 meal plan:

Breakfast everyday this week will be:
  • ground turkey patty
  • hard boil egg
  • strawberries, black berries, and pear
Snacks in between breakfast and lunch will be a banana and carrots in between lunch and dinner

Lunch is usually left overs from the previous night's dinner.Friday lunch will be Tuna with chopped cucumber, tomatoes, and pack of carrots. 

Dinner this week:
  • Monday
    • Turkey burger minus the bun with sauteed spinach and avocado
    • Roasted herb sweet potatoes
  • Tuesday
    • Tilapia
    • broccoli
    • carrots
  • Wednesday
    • Chicken thighs
    • Yellow squash
    • green beans
  • Thursday
    • I plan to eat out 
  • Friday
    • I plan to eat out
  • Saturday
    • I plan to eat out
Thursday through Saturday I plan to eat out for dinner because I have runs with my running group and happy hour with them on Friday. I will most likely do a salad or something on the menu where ever we go that is within the guidelines. 

Tonight's dinner turned out so well and was really good. You definitely have to be creative with this diet but you can do it if you plan your meals wisely and look for recipes online that work or you can alter to fit the program.I've very creative in the kitchen so maybe I'll post some recipes for you guys. Main thing is to just keep it simple.

Happy Transitioning!

Monique




No comments:

Post a Comment